STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course – Level 1
This course builds on the foundations developed in Matwork and Reformer, to elevate teaching skills and programming options. Learn how this versatile piece of equipment can provide specialized choices for all clients and groups.
ICHR prepares you to teach Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) exercises on the Stability Chair. Learn to fine-tune personal and circuit training programs to meet a variety of client’s conditioning goals with 63 exercises on the Stability Chair.
- Effective use of the equipment to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral conditioning, joint stability, flexbility, balance and coordination.
- How to develop dynamic programs in a full studio environment
- Effective communication and observation skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation.
- Modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions.
- Exercise layering related to effective program design.
- Functional exercises to develop core strength against spring resistance in a variety of positions, including standing, sitting, prone and side-lying.
- Better understanding of movement essence and exercise goals, proper execution and muscle activation.
- How to improve core stability, increase peripheral strength and enhance mobility on one piece of equipment.
- How the split-pedal option transforms exercises by challenging bilateral, unilateral and reciprocal strength and stability.
- Cues and corrections for safety and effectiveness.
Prior attendance at the STOTT PILATES Intensive Matwork and/or Intensive Reformer Course/s
ICHR involves 15 hours of instructor training conducted over 3 days
New Zealand’s Merrithew Licensed Training Centre – Be Pilates @ Havelock North, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
Enquire for local fun & affordable accommodation options! Email for further details.
New dates to be launched very soon. Please email to express your interest in attending
STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair (ICHR) Course| NZ$1,300
Note: Course costs include GST and course materials
20% deposit is required at time of registration to secure enrolment. Balance due 1 month prior to course commencing. Courses limited to 12 participants.
- Complete Stability Chair™ Manual
- Essential & Intermediate Stability Chair, 2nd Ed. (2 disc set)
- 15 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
- Minimum of 5 hours of observation
- Minimum of 10 hours of physical review
- Minimum of 10 hours of practice teaching
- Total: 40 hours
Observation, Practice Teaching & Physical Review
A minimum number of hours of observation, practice teaching and physical review are required for all courses and should be completed between instructed sessions at any STOTT PILATES® facility. Additional training may be required before certification. Practice teaching and physical review hours must be logged outside of class time and submitted at the time of the practical exam.
Includes watching sessions taught by a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or relevant STOTT PILATES videos.
Means physically performing the exercises learned in class. Taking a class with a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or working out with video can qualify as physical review hours, and can be completed individually or with other students.
Hours can be fulfilled by instructing family, fellow students, friends or clients.
STOTT PILATES 2.5 / REPS 20.0
“Amazing course. Sharon’s energy is great! Her ability to translate all her knowledge & experience to teaching Instructors is incredible. Wonderful group of Instructors to train with” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course, June 2019)
“I had so much fun on this course & learned so much about this piece of equipment and my own body. Thank you Sharon for this retreat into the world of chair” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course, June 2019)
“The Chair course was awesome, filled with tonnes of information and programming info that I know will help a lot! Sharon once again was awesome, full of energy and always willing to answer all of the millions of questions we had! Highly recommend as always” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course, September 2018)
“Fantastic informative course! Great layer to foundation of Mat & Reformer!” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course, September 2018)
“Loved the Stability Chair training – we had a great group of instructors and a great place that allowed plenty of practical review and teaching practice, which really helped build confidence in the new material. Thanks Sharon!” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course, September 2018)
“Awesome experience, loved learning the Stability Chair. Quite a necessary course to do for personal development as an instructor & for your client’s development” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course, November 2017)
“The Chair is a versatile piece of equipment for the unfit, the elderly, pregnant women, athletes and everyone in between. Amazing course, loved the details. You really get to learn and understand the exercises Can’t wait for the Advanced Stability Chair Course!” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course, November 2017)
“I loved this course and cannot wait to get back and start taking clients on the Stability Chair, as well as adding the Stability Chair into my programming” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course, November 2017)
“As always a great course -I always look forward to coming back! Thanks Sharon” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course, December 2015)
“Love the Chair, can’t wait to get one in my studio” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course, December 2015)
“Very enjoyable course, lots of time to learn new exercises and practice teaching” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Chair Course, December 2015)