Merrithew Fascial Movement Foundation Course
Designed for fitness, medical and therapy professionals, Merrithew Fascial Movement workshops and courses explore the latest research findings on the neuromyofascial skeletal system.
With an emphasis on movement variables including Bounce, Sense, Expand and Hydrate, Merrithew Fascial Movement training offers a thorough understanding of what fascia is, what it does, how it moves and how to work with it across a range of varying modalities.
Upon completion of the Instructor Course, participants will be able to incorporate content taught in the course to their existing qualifications/training and can use the term “trained in Merrithew Fascial Movement”.
Merrithew Fascial Movement Foundation Course, Level 1
Fascia, the most ubiquitous connective tissue in the body, is creating a buzz in the fitness industry. The importance of this multifaceted network is only starting to be understood. The Merrithew Fascial Movement Foundation Course, Level 1 is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness, therapeutic movement and rehabilitation, and provides insight as to how movement affects and is affected by fascia. The initial lecture component of the course reviews basic fascial anatomy and physiology and explores the latest research findings on the neuromyofascial skeletal system. The application component of the course introduces movement variables including Bounce, Sense, Expand and Hydrate; and shows how they can be applied to all forms of exercise including Pilates, yoga, dance, athletic conditioning, sports performance, and rehabilitation.
- Identify the components of fascia and be able to explain its role and relevance to movement
- Articulate the difference between tensegrity and traditional force and lever-based biomechanics
- Define and explore fascial movement variables such as Bounce, Sense, Expand and Hydrate
- Develop programs for clients of all levels integrating specific fascial movement variables
- 16 hours
NEW ZEALAND OFFICIAL LAUNCH
- Friday 15 November 2019: 2.00pm-6.30pm (includes 0.5 hour break)
- Saturday 16 November 2019: 11.30am-6.30pm (includes 1hr break)
- Sunday 17 November 2019: 8.30am-3.30pm (includes 1hr break)
Fitness professionals, movement therapists, personal trainers, yoga instructors, Pilates trainers, a variety of somatically driven movement modalities and manual therapists looking for simple movement techniques to enhance their therapeutic practices.
Continued education credits:
STOTT PILATES 1.6
REPS International 16.0 (NZ REPS TBC)
NZ $1485.00 (incl GST and workbook)
- Fascia Movement Instructor Course Workbook (provided in course fee)
- Fascia: What it is and Why it Matters by David Lesondak (not provided in course fee)