STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels Course – Level 1
After being introduced to the Barrels in Matwork, this course provides an abundance of new material to enhance any programming scenario. Learn new exercises along with variations and modifications to expand workouts at any level.
IBRL prepares you to teach Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) exercises on the Barrels. Learn to fine-tune personal and circuit training programs to meet a variety of client’s conditioning goals with 98 exercises on the Ladder Barrel, Spine Corrector and Arc Barrel.
- Effective use of the equipment to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination.
- How to develop dynamic programs in a full studio environment.
- Effective communication and observational skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation.
- Exercise layering related to effective program design.
- Exercises from the STOTT PILATES Essential and Intermediate Barrel repertoire
- How to support the spine in flexion, lateral flexion or extension, to target core and peripheral muscle groups, and to adapt exercises to specific body types
- How to incorporate the barrels into a full-body workout and program for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- To develop effective communication and observational skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
Prior attendance at the STOTT PILATES Intensive Matwork and/or Intensive Reformer Course/s
IBRL involves 10 hours of instructor training conducted over 2 days
New Zealand’s Merrithew Licensed Training Centre, Havelock North, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
Enquire for local fun & affordable accommodation options! Email for further details: http://bepilates.co.nz/contact/
April 2020 – New Zealand’s Merrithew Licensed Training Centre, Havelock North, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
Day 1/2: Friday 24 April 2020: 1.00pm-6.30pm
Day 2/2: Saturday 25 April 2020: 1.00pm-6.30pm
(Note: STOTT PILATES Advanced Barrels Course running Sunday 26 April 2020)
STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels (IBRL) Course| NZ$1100
Note: Course costs include GST and course materials
20% deposit is required at time of registration to secure enrolment. Balance due 24 March 2020. Courses limited to 12 participants.
- Complete Arc Barrel Manual
- Complete Ladder Barrel Manual
- Complete Spine Corrector Manual
- Complete Barrel Repertoire
- 10 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
- Minimum of 5 hours of observation
- Minimum of 10 hours of physical review
- Minimum of 5 hours of practice teaching
- Total: 30 hours
Observation, Practice Teaching & Physical Review
A minimum number of hours of observation, practice teaching and physical review are required for all courses and should be completed between instructed sessions at any STOTT PILATES® facility. Additional training may be required before certification. Practice teaching and physical review hours must be logged outside of class time and submitted at the time of the practical exam.
Includes watching sessions taught by a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or relevant STOTT PILATES videos.
Means physically performing the exercises learned in class. Taking a class with a STOTT PILATES Certified Instructor or working out with video can qualify as physical review hours, and can be completed individually or with other students.
Hours can be fulfilled by instructing family, fellow students, friends or clients.
STOTT PILATES 2.5 / REPS 12.5
“Sharon is a very passionate and such a wonderful and inspiring teacher. Every course is just so empowering” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels Course, July 2019)
“I really appreciated Sharon taking care of my body during this course. Always inspiring and such a fun tribe of instructors to learn with” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels Course, July 2019)
“Sharon is approachable, informative, passionate and engaging. I love how she keeps things real and shares her experience as an instructor” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels Course, July 2019)
“Loved the Barrel Course, will most definitely use the Barrels A LOT with clients in both group and private sessions. Sharon was awesome as usual, loved it and I’m leaving feeling very confident & motivated!” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels Course, September 2018)
“Fantastic Course! Great layering and additional information with Mat & Reformer courses already completed” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels Course, September 2018)
“This course has really helped develop a deeper understanding of Matwork crossover for me as well as athletically challenging. Thanks Sharon!” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels Course, September 2018)
“A valuable experience to audit, to learn more insights of the exerises and recap what I know. Very worthwhile. Good to know I’m on the right track” (audited the STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels Course, September 2018)
“Lovely learning environment, enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and positive attitude of everyone involved” (audited STOTT PILATES Intensive Cadillac, Chair & Barrels Courses, September 2018)
“Worthwhile course. The Barrels are useful for programming for different body types and adding challenge to exercises. Good to see how Matwork and Reformer exercises transfer onto the Barrels” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels Course, November 2017)
“Very happy with the course, great to experience all exercises. It’s nice to be taught more about correct alignment than just the wonderful depth of movement options” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels Course, November 2017)
“The course was invaluable full of information, techniques and encouragement to challenge yourself on all barrels” (attended STOTT PILATES Intensive Barrels Course, November 2017)